12/16/2009

Rock On!

I am so glad to see how all is shaping up for you. The minutes continue to be jammed packed with activity. The friends are flocking all to you and each has a more interesting story to tell than the other. The places you are visiting are each special in its own way and they most certainly leave lasting impressions and cravings to live and to belong there. I hope life continues giving you all these chances and opportunities. I feel like you are open to live them fully and thus deserve more than anyone to experience these the changing sceneries.

Your time in Miami sounds outstanding. It is definitely a special place. In my experience, Miami becomes truly amazing when you are surrounded by the right people. The relaxed kind. The ones who can jet set and yet chill at reaggae ska bars at night. The ones who like walking the beach and merging with the bodies and the sun. Sounds like you were with someone really special. That is really cool. The ocean, the streets filled with cross sections of flavours and sounds. The decadence of it all mixing with the glamour. I assume the Art did a lot for the city and it must have made the city feel like a really fantastic place. I am glad.

I am well. I am really done with living here for now, at this stage of my life. Lives move slowly here. I am not used to this pace. I am not used to the lack of stamina and interest in building more, contributing more, and being a bit more part of the world. It is almost as if I see blurry memories of yesteryears that spring back up constantly waking day after waking day. Anyhow, my life is not repetitive anywhere nor here. And, my life has never been tailored according to external cycles or to exogeneous factors. I came here for a reason. I needed to bring my feet to walk on these soils for a bit. And the circle has closed. I have walked long enough around here to know where I stand.

Now, I am planning to retreat to the country just by myself for a couple days. I want to paint, read, and write. I have a couple of projects pending and I want to finish all of that before the year is over. I want to start this coming decade as purely as a new born. Clean. Clear. Ready. I have plenty to think about for the next year and the next era. I think having those days will be amazing.

Afterwards, I will head to the Ocean. It is going to be incredible to be that close to water and sand. I plan to welcome the New Year feeling ready for it. It is an exciting time.

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment